This week BonAppetit.com featured our Boho Wine Glass Holders in their holiday Wine Gift Guide!
A little wine at the holidays will make things merry and bright– or at least take the edge off. Any one of these gifts might just make a mensch out of a grinch.
We’ve been cranking out our handmade Boho Wine Glass Holders for years now. It was an idea born from our love of wine AND the great outdoors. If we’re not working, it’s likely we’re grilling out back or porch sitting out front with a glass of wine or a cold beer.
These Bohos and Hobos make outdoor drinking a cinch. Stick the drink holder in soil, sand, or sturdy potted plant and just add wine or beer. There’s even personalized options if your pal is grabby about their bevy.
If your stumped about a gift for a grump this season make sure to check out our beer and wine holders and have yourself a merry little Christmas.
After a complex week you may need a simple recipe for a rye Manhattan. Skip the mixologist and stir up your own stiff one to kickstart the weekend.
Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey is key to this Manhattan. It’s good, it’s old (been around since 1810), and it’s easy on the wallet. Just look for the Old Man on the label. You’ll also need some Angostura Bitters, Luxardo Marachino Cherries, and some fresh clean ice. Yeah, crusty old freezer burned ice can ruin a cocktail from the get-go.
1. Fill cocktail glass with Old Overholt Rye Whiskey (for measuring purposes).
2. Dump whiskey into a cocktail shaker with ice.
3. Add a couple healthy shakes of bitters.
4. Stir until whiskey is chilled.
5. Strain into cocktail glass.
6. Add twist of lemon, rub rind around rim & toss into glass.
7. Add one or two Luxardo cherries followed by a couple spoons of cherry liquid.* The brand name is everything here. These cherries are not your run of the mill atomic candied cherries. They are extremely edible (known to be eaten atop ice cream) and make the drink.
8. Stir gently until a bit cloudy.
9. Toast your partners & drink!
*Most Manhattan recipes call for vermouth, but we think a couple drops of Luxardo cherry juice sneak in a less heavy-handed hint of sweetness.